Gold Dust Woman

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Haunted Places In Texas


I am obsessed with the paranormal. If something is known to be haunted, I want to go there. Recently I visited the location of the "Screaming Bridge." You can't get down to the actual spot because they have the now dirt road blocked off and it was too muddy to walk to when Stace and I went, but I plan to get to the spot one of these days. It's close to my FAVORITE park, River Legacy Park. The park is said to be haunted with confederate soldiers and the park can be really creepy especially on a cloudy day. This is a good list to many of the haunted spots in Texas. I've visited quite a few of the places. One of my favorites that they just recently tore down (it says it burned but I don't think so) was the house on Arkansas Road. As the story goes (copied from The Shadowlands):

Arlington - Arkansas Road-House - A big house on a hill where a boy murdered his family in the 90's. It's said that if you go into the house mysterious people run out, weird noises our heard like footsteps, doors slamming, windows breaking. - November 2003 Update: The house was built in the 40's. The whole area around it was a ranch, and that's where the family lived. The murders happened in the 60's or early 70's. There are two stories; the first being the family had a retarded son they kept in the cellar, but not abusively. He lived down there, had everything he need, bathroom, bed, television. There is a large walk in freezer down there too. Apparently he murdered his parents and kept the bodies in the freezer, and eventually died himself. The second story is that The kid that lived there wasn't retarded, and after his parents died of natural causes lived there. It's said he was a pedophile and a child murderer and would kill children and hide their bodies in the freezer. Right now it's zoned for commercial use, so companies keep buying the property with plans to level it and put a building there. About two or three weeks later, they'll sell it. Reports of a family who bought it and started to renovate it. New shingles, new windows, all the graphite on the outside is gone, but 3 weeks later, all work on the house stopped. Right now there is a fence around the property, and the road has been lowered, but you can still see it. - March 2007 Update: Burned down Summer 2006

I visited this place a few times. It's scary. I've been into the basement, and actually looked inside the freezer but it was so dark that I couldn't see anything. There was lots of satanic graffiti on the walls and no hallways in the house. An interesting place to check out. Too bad it's not there anymore.


I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good. but I'm not an angel.

~Marilyn Monroe

Who Am I?

My Blogger Profile
100 Things
E-mail Me
Ebay Listings
Myspace Profile
Portfolio

Help Me Go To Savannah!


Archives

  • current
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007


  • Blogs

    Gut Rumbles
    Sun & Moon Sorcery
    Caught In The X fire
    Mom Is Nutz
    Northwoods Woman
    What now Murphy?
    Wichi Dude
    Theater of Soul
    Tall Cool Drink of Water

    Buy Your Musical Instruments Here: Music and Things




    Top Blogs
    Personal blogs





    Blogarama - The Blog Directory













    Blogger