Gold Dust Woman

Monday, March 19, 2007

I'm Pissed


DO NOT donate to the Goodwill. I had a really bad experience yesterday that I cannot go into but besides that just think about it.

You give them you're used items and they put it in their store to resell.

They claim that their "Good Will" is to provide jobs. So what. So does Wal-Mart and any other business out there. They start their managers out at $7.50/hr and their regular employees out at minimum wage. (In Texas it's currently $5.15/hr) The CEO of Goodwill makes more than any other "charity" CEO. $530,693/yr hmmm.

A Non-profit organization only means that the companies main objective is some sort of charity and that it's tax deductable. Yet they still manage to over pay the big guy and under pay the actual worker.

So I will never shop or donate to the Goodwill ever again. Next time I'll go to a thrift store like Thrift Town (LOVES IT!) and take my left over garage sale clothing down on Lancaster street in Fort Worth and actually hand the clothes over to the homless myself, which Stacey and I have done before and it's much more rewarding that droping them off at some clothing donation box to be sold in a store so some CEO can make is half a mil a year.

As for the Salvation Army, I'll never forget this story. Obviously they care more about appearing morally "right" than helping out those in need and that turns me off of them. I also remember when Stacey's aunt's church gathered a bunch of food and clothing right after hurricane Katrina and took it to the local Salvation Army in Dallas. They looked her up and down and told her they didn't need her box of clothes and food, they needed money, and walked off. That right there turned an entire church off.

I still hate the Goodwill more.


I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good. but I'm not an angel.

~Marilyn Monroe

Who Am I?

My Blogger Profile
100 Things
E-mail Me
Ebay Listings
Myspace Profile
Portfolio

Help Me Go To Savannah!


Archives

  • current
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007


  • Blogs

    Gut Rumbles
    Sun & Moon Sorcery
    Caught In The X fire
    Mom Is Nutz
    Northwoods Woman
    What now Murphy?
    Wichi Dude
    Theater of Soul
    Tall Cool Drink of Water

    Buy Your Musical Instruments Here: Music and Things




    Top Blogs
    Personal blogs





    Blogarama - The Blog Directory













    Blogger