Gold Dust Woman

Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Mexican Food


Back in Savannah, there isn't much to choose from when it comes to Mexican food. You can get all the fresh seafood you want, but there may be two restaurants in Savannah that claim to serve Authentic Mexican food and thy both remind me of a place here called El Fenix. (Dont know if they have those out east now or not)

I'm sitting here eating one of those El Charrito dinners you buy for $1.00 at Wal-Mart. Compared to El Fenix this is DAMN good.

Stacey, Kim and I went for lunch at El Fenix a few weeks ago and I was very unimpressed. The waiter was this fat greasy guy who was breathing hard and sweating profusely. He took our order. The two tables that came in 10 minutes after us were served their food while we sat and still waited on ours. The chips and salsa weren't bad but I had ordered a nacho platter for $8.99. I know $8.99 is cheap so I wasn't expecting much but some nachos with cheese, chili and maybe some lettuce and sour cream. Finally our panting waiter came back with the food with his sweat droplets falling into our pathetic looking lunches. They served Kim the wrong thing but she didn't bitch about it. Stacey had fajitas that looked like little burned turds with an onion, and my nachos were 12 tortilla chips with some greasy cheddar cheese sprinkled on top. The cheese was SO greasy that I just couldn't eat it.

Kim found a long black hair in her food. We determined it wasn't Stacey's short brown hair and it wasn't Kim's short black hair and certinaly not my long blond hair so it must be...the greasy waiters LONG BLACK HAIR. Ewww.

Stacey lost her appetite so we ordered one big to go box and filled it up with our dinners.

I gave it all to Ruby when I got home and felt a little guilty about doing it. My precious boxer deserves better than that nasty garbage.

She ate every bit and shit all over the place afterwards.

El Fenix Restaurants...Not even fit for a dog.


I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good. but I'm not an angel.

~Marilyn Monroe

Who Am I?

My Blogger Profile
100 Things
E-mail Me
Ebay Listings
Myspace Profile
Portfolio

Help Me Go To Savannah!


Archives

  • current
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007


  • Blogs

    Gut Rumbles
    Sun & Moon Sorcery
    Caught In The X fire
    Mom Is Nutz
    Northwoods Woman
    What now Murphy?
    Wichi Dude
    Theater of Soul
    Tall Cool Drink of Water

    Buy Your Musical Instruments Here: Music and Things




    Top Blogs
    Personal blogs





    Blogarama - The Blog Directory













    Blogger