Gold Dust Woman

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Little Better


I feel a little better today. At least with my mood. I just downed a huge iced latte and I feel like I'm about to puke.

We're going camping Friday at Lake Whitney. I bought me a new bathing suit at Wal-Mart since my really CUTE bathing suit from last year is way too small now. I needed something cheap and fast. I can't believe I'm up to a size 7/9 in a bathing suit now! Last year I was a 3/4. (Please ladies, don't leave me nasty comments for posting that. I'm just trying to say that I'm happy about the weight gain!)

I feel better and I fill out the suit better too. The camp ground is going to be packed and so is our camper. It sleeps 10 and there is 4 dogs, 2 kids and 6 adults and maybe a couple more pitching a tent.

We are going to ride jet skis all day long and I'm going to take this time to enjoy myself. I refuse to babysit dogs either.

Which bring me to last Sunday. We were in Cleburne at Stacey's sisters house cutting limbs. Her sister had gone to get a pedicure and we babysitted her untamed wild dog. (usually her kid too, TYPICAL) Well, this adorable Yorkie showed up at the house and Tyler, Stacey's 9 year old nephew who's only dream is to have his OWN dog, fell in love.

Sparky (the wild dog) took off and the Yorkie followed. Tyler and I chased those dogs out into the main road where cars were slamming on their brakes to avoid hitting them. People were coming out of their houses to see what all the commotion was about. We finally caught the dogs and I carried both of the heavy bastards back home. I put Sparky on the back porch behind his gate and every time I'd walk by he'd squint his eyes at me. It was so funny. He's a shepherd/terrier mix (UUGGGLY! So ugly he's CUTE) that we adopted for Stacey's 6 year old nephew from the pound. (BIG MISTAKE)

Tyler lives with Stacey's mom and she doesn't care much for dogs and doesn't want Tyler to have one, but she did tell him one time that he could have a Yorkie. Well, Yorkies are EXPENSIVE.

Tyler fell in love with this one. It's hair was matted up, it was over weight and it could fetch a stick and jump like no dog I'd seen before. He sat on the back on my tailgate with that dog for almost an hour just loving on it.

We were outside for the entire afternoon and no one came by looking for a dog. Tyler really thought he was going to keep "Honey" (he named it)

Well, Sparky got loose again and Honey followed. We ended up chasing them to someones door and up comes this red car. This dopey looking bitch gets out and says, "Come here Dixie!" picks up Tyler's "Honey", gets back in her car and leaves.

Tyler had told me that if someone came saying that was their dog he'd ask for proof. When the lady took "his" dog, his eyes just filled up with tears.

I felt so bad. Tyler had found his dream pet and someone who obviously didn't care for it, took it from him.

But we had to remember it wasn't his dog. It would suck if someone snatched Daisy and the way she looks right now, people would think we didn't care for her either.

We are planning to take him to the pound when we get the money to let him pick out his own dog. I'm looking forward to that.

Anyways, thanks for the supportive comments on my last post. I go up and down every day and I use this as a place to vent sometimes.


I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good. but I'm not an angel.

~Marilyn Monroe

Who Am I?

My Blogger Profile
100 Things
E-mail Me
Ebay Listings
Myspace Profile
Portfolio

Help Me Go To Savannah!


Archives

  • current
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007


  • Blogs

    Gut Rumbles
    Sun & Moon Sorcery
    Caught In The X fire
    Mom Is Nutz
    Northwoods Woman
    What now Murphy?
    Wichi Dude
    Theater of Soul
    Tall Cool Drink of Water

    Buy Your Musical Instruments Here: Music and Things




    Top Blogs
    Personal blogs





    Blogarama - The Blog Directory













    Blogger